Monday, May 28, 2012

Wes Anderson's film, "Moonrise Kingdom"

"Moonrise Kingdom" is too quirky & droll.  Not that I don't like quirky pictures off the main stream, but the dead pan expressions by this talented cast grew wearisome; I expected more acting from these actors. The acclaimed director, Wes Anderson is hit or miss with me, this one really missed the mark for me.  The star packed cast included:  Francis McDormand, Bill Murray, Ed Norton, Jason Schwartz, Tilda Swinton, Harvey Keitel and Bruce Willis.  Willis was the only actor to show any credible emotion; empathy for the two young misfits.  I liked the idea of the film, two young lost souls running away together to create their own utopia in the wild.  The bewitching trailer for this movie charmed me into coming but I expected so much more.  I was enticed by a trailer prior to this movie for a film starring Bill Murray "Hyde Park on the Hudson," where Murray portrays Pres. F. Roosevelt hosting the King & Queen of England at their country estate, prior to WW II.  Skip this pithy movie and rent "Rushmore" with Bill Murray or his old comedy, "Meatballs."  Or, look for Murray's latest film coming out this summer, "Hyde Park on the Hudson," not directed by Anderson.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, let me know what you think