Saturday, May 12, 2012

Melinda's Malarky is Moving (temporarily)

Friends and followers of this blog, I will be transplanted for the summer from this, the greatest of all cities in the world.  But, don't cry for Me, Melinda, for I will be in the wine country for the summer.  The cultural highlight of which is a weekly concert on the town's square, where everyone knows your name, and you are encouraged to bring wine to share.  The entertainment consists of local blue grass bands (which even this classical snob) can stand after 1 or 2 glasses of a chilled chardonnay.  Otherwise, the local high school jazz bands perform (which I love.)  The youth bands never fails to get the crowd on their feet for a standing ovation, which is no small feat from these prone, inebriated adults (myself included.)  So, in addition to our local town square fete, I will be copiously reading and ask that you check out my new blog:  Mindel's Kindle for the Rogue Reader.  My reading recommendations will NOT consist of beach books or GREY brain matter.  Rather, my list will consist of world lit. suggestions and books that you may not be familiar with.  This Lovely, Lady who Loves aLliteration and poetry, will be suggesting mostly novels and some non-fiction (but not poetry.) Although, to quote this pseudo-intellectual, "read forever more." I bid you adieu with another famous quote, "Peace, Love & Soul Train." D. Cornelius

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, let me know what you think