Thursday, November 22, 2012

Poetry Slam, Open Mike

Last night @ the Poet-Linc, Rubinstein Atrium, after the students finished performing their own works, the stage became an open mike.  The emcee had announced during the poetry slam that there was a sign up sheet for anyone wishing to get up & "slam" following the student's competition.  I stayed for 2 men, both said they were so enthralled with the talent and courage of the students, they were inspired to get up on stage.  The 1st to slam was an Israeli that said he had never been to  a poetry slam before & wanted to participate.  And, participate he did; kudos.  The 2nd man said  he came to hear the students and came with something he had to share.  I had to hand it to this guy, he was good, too.  Alas, this classy lass lacks the bravado to perform in front of an audience (an enviable talent, I know.)  I am trying my hand at writing a fast paced poetry slam for the 1st time.

STOP RUSHING ME!

Why are you always rushing me?
Why do you listen when I'm not talking to you?
Why are you so judgemental when I criticize.

Whose side are you on?
Of course there are,
Of course you're not!
Why are you so cold while I am hot?

Stop not being there, in my corner
Stop rushing me to nowhere fast
I stop
I'm in this no longer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, let me know what you think