Wednesday, November 9, 2016

"Les Liaisons Dangereuses" with Liev Schrieber & Janet McTeer

Finding entertainment in a play about cruel manipulations of people's emotions was futile.  The world is a cruel and dangerous place.  Art has the power to enable us to escape from ourselves and to discover ourselves.  Today, my mind found the tedium of sexual dalliances & debauchery as a game unamusing.   The staging was stunning with the candle chandeliers.  Schrieber & McTeer were exceptional in their roles.  But, I didn't have the wherewithal to care at all.  Perhaps, my dismal reception for what was meant to scintillate was never given a fair opportunity to flicker.  Still, I felt fidgety throughout and found the production without substantive merit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, let me know what you think