Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Italian film "The Great Beauty" Colossal Crap

I hated this stunning looking paradoxical film.  Falling for the assumption that THE GREAT BEAUTY was a film of profound depth and meaning only made me feel shallow.  One absurdist performance artist in the movie claimed "I'm an artist.  I don't need to explain."  Nothing could be explained, it made no sense.  All the nudity in the film spoke loud & clear - the Emperor is naked.  This was a faux Fellini fiasco.  I walked out of the movie after a scene where a parent bullied their child into making a "$1,000,000 work of art" by throwing cans of paint onto a large canvas and rubbing herself against the wet paint creating a great, distressing mess.  Don't buy into this lousy film with no redeeming qualities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, let me know what you think