Monday, April 23, 2012

The Film "The Three Stooges"

I admit I was a fan of the original 3 Stooges when I was a kid.  Unfortunately, back then there wasn't a disclaimer attached:  "Don't try this at home kids."  While I found their literal "slapstick" humor to be fun, I learned the hard way in kindergarden that slapping other kids across the heads was not acceptable behavior and it didn't win me too many friends.  At least, I was able to practice their routines on my younger sisters at home: yuck yuck.  Now as a mature adult, I found myself laughing out loud to many of their antics, especially when Larry David, who plays a cranky nun, is the target for much of their physical shenanigans.  Kelly Lynch plays mother superior and Jennifer Holiday sings gospel which add more pleasure to the movie.  However, now as a mature adult the relentless eye poking and hammer head hitting did grow wearisome.  Fans of the original 3 Stooges will not be disappointed in the least by the actors playing Moe, Curly and Larry.  Take your kids and fear not, the Farrelly brothers will make a public service announcement at the end of the film that it is never okay to poke someone in the eye or hit anyone over the head.  The movie had me laughing which put me in such a good mood, it made me want to get together with both my sisters or at least bring their heads together.  YUCK YUCK YUCK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, let me know what you think