Sunday, March 25, 2012

21 JUMP STREET

Hey New Yorkers, you probably already know that if you go to the AMC theaters before noon, there is a bargain rate of $6 (for everyone.)  This New Yorker took advantage of this bargain to see 21 JUMP STREET, after all, I spent way too much on the other two foreign films I saw this weekend.  How bad could it be?  The answer, not bad at all.  In fact, I was laughing out loud at this touching buddy picture of two mismatched misfits.  Jonah Hill has become a bankable star for both comedy and drama.  He even gets writing credit for this hilarious film.  The delightful surprise is how funny and charming Channing Tatum is paired up with Jonah as two loser cops assigned as undercover agents posing as high school students to break up a drug ring.  Ice Cube plays their last chance boss with hilarious frustration.  This movie works on all burners; a funny buddy picture and touching look at high school life today and looking back.  There is also a charming cameo in the film which only adds frosting on the cake.  I may have gotten a bargain price, but this movie is a bargain at twice the price.  I guarantee a good time or I'll double your money back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, let me know what you think