Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Savion Glover's OM was OMG a Wonder

                        Once inside the Joyce theatre, while I listened to jazz 'til dreary,
                                               Over many minutes I grew leery.
  While I pondered how much longer, suddenly there came a fainting tapping amidst meditators napping
          Quite a vision, with candles burning, and while my heart was yearning, Savion was                      
                                                quitely tapping, slowly tapping
     I remember, it was bleak and somber, almost as if a tomb or shrine, with homage to other's time               who came before, dying embers were wrought ghosts upon the floor.  Only, there was so much more.
                       Deep into that darkness peering, mesmerized, wondering, fearing,
             But the silence did not remain unbroken, hark the pounding loudly sounding,
                                            soft-shoe shall pass, nevermore.
   Much I marvelled at this grim & ominous production.  Thus is lifted the artistry of tap & performance.
                             Quoth this maven, tis the work of genius & so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, let me know what you think