Sunday, September 29, 2013

NYPhil. Open Rehearsal/Bronfman, Piano

Just as my 1st day at the ballpark augurs spring, my 1st attendance @ the NYPhil.'s open rehearsal portends fall.  Thursday, Conductor Gilbert led the NY Phil. in Bernstein's Symphonic Dances from West Side Story.  It doesn't getter any better or more representative of NYC, snap snap!  The grammy winning piano master, Yefim Bronfman performed Tchaikovsky's romantic & thrilling Piano Centerto #1 in B-flat minor.  It was a magnificient morning that was as glorious as the weather outside.  I did not stay to hear Ravel's Alborada del gracioso but I certainly got my money's worth ($18) for 2 hours of uplifting music.  I have already purchased my ticket for one of the rehearsals next week featuring Beethoven's Symphony #9 and a U.S. Premier of Mark-Anthony's Choral, Turnage.  The 2013 fall season has been heralded in for the Big Apple.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, let me know what you think