Monday, February 11, 2013

Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show

Today was my first time attending the Westminster Dog Show @ Piers  92/94.  I've watched some of the competitions on T.V. but attending is an entirely unique experience.  I know absolutely NOTHING about how the competitions work or what the  judges are looking for in the animals.  My lack of knowledge did not curtail my enjoyment.  The one competition I watched in its entirety was for the Standard Poodles.    I'm telling you, these Poodles were strutting their stuff better than Naomi on the catwalk.  And, talk about a dog's life, these dogs all have their own entourage: owner, trainer, breeder, presenter, masseuse, groomer - I mean stylist.  These dog's are coiffed to the nines.  The poofs on the Poodles were primped to canine perfection.  The Dog Show was a hoot.  Being at the Dog Show was funnier than the movie "Best in Show."  What do you need to know before attending?  I advise should  you feel the need to laugh, take your howling outside.  I love dogs, I do.  But, most of these people
L O V E  dogs to a whole other realm.  I know what you dog L O V E R S are thinking, you're thinking I'm a real bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, let me know what you think