Thursday, August 16, 2018

ARETHA FRANKLIN (1942-2018) I Say a Major Prayer for You, Forever and Ever You'll Stay in My Heart

I woke to the very sad but not startling news of the death of America's own Queen of Soul.  Ms. Aretha Franklin, I'm saddened by your passing and never having had the opportunity to hear you perform live.  I did have a ticket for a performance at Carnegie Hall which got cancelled.  It was later learned of your disabling fear of flying.  It's sad & difficult to think that you were fallible when you could make me feel so alive.  I can only thank you for the many ways your music empowered me.   Your musical voice, outspoken political voice and musical talents are omnipotent.  Your voice made life more wonderful and filled with miracles.  We found the sounds of angels in your singing.  Your legacy will continue to inspire and enhance the beauty that abounds.  I'm gonna keep on listening to you, forever and ever...that's just the way it's gonna be.  I say a little prayer for you... Thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, let me know what you think