Saturday, June 20, 2015

The film DOPE-Dare I Say Pussy Nigger?

Hey, I'm just repeating what I heard said in the film.  Hearing nigger every other word is an exaggeration, but only slightly.  Also, scenes of high school student Malcom (Shameik Moore) masturbating while looking at videos of lascivious ladies overshot the mark, for me.  Malcom & his 2 hapless sidekicks made it clear to whitey that if he used the word he'd get slapped.  This movie was produced by Oscar winner Forest Whitaker and written and directed by NAACP Image Award winner Rick Famuyiwa.  Actor Shameik Moore brought more than enough to his role to arouse my interest in his character despite looking way too old to be in high school.  The plot or farcical caper centered around Malcom who defines himself as cliche "the poor black kid with a single parent trying to get into Harvard."  He follows a girl, played by Zoe Kravitz to a nightclub where his school back pack gets unknowingly packed with drugs & hear during a shootout.  I didn't stick around for more than 1/2 hour to find out how this disturbing & yet, somewhat compelling film turns out.  This film will most likely appeal to a specific niche but I'm not that Bee itch.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, let me know what you think