Sunday, March 24, 2013

The Madrid - I'm Taking a Contract out on the Play

The Madrid is simply dreadful.  The script is awful, the acting is amateurish and the entire production is without any redeeming qualities.  Martha (Eddie Falco) leaves in the middle of teaching her kindergarden class.  By leave, I mean leaves the school (social services should have been called in,) and her family; her husband Danny (Darren Goldstein,) a 22 year old daughter, Sarah (Phoebe Strole) and her nasty (I'd leave her, too) mother, (Frances Sternhagen) without so much as a note, a good-bye or any good reason we can discern.  There are several other characters & story lines that only added to making the play more unbearable.  I can't fathom why I didn't leave at intermission.  But in my defense,  I'd already served time & was hoping for some resolution or redemption.  At the very end Martha returns home to her husband and daughter.  By this point, I didn't care except for being glad the play ended.  Where is Tony Soprano when you need him?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, let me know what you think